Saturday, April 11, 2009

Resurrection blows like a wind...

I sit waiting for resurrection amidst death.

However, as I reflect, I realize that the resurrection is not a passive event, but one in which God blew life back into Jesus and rolling away the stone.

Paul states in Romans 6 that through our baptism, we undergo a similar death, and thus resurrection like Jesus.

Yes, God is responsible for the winds of resurrection, but it is up to us to respond. We can either shut the window, or let the wind of God's change blow in us.

Earlier this week, I had a big peak at resurrection. Without going into too much detail, I had a really good, substantial conversation with my mother for well over an hour. This is very significant because I have not seen her in over 23 years. I have learned over the years that a prominent person in my life served as a buffer between my mother and I as I was growing up, intercepting telephone calls, destroying mail, etc. Though I have had touch and go conversations with my mother since 2005, I made a point to move past anger at other people and wrote a heart-felt letter to my mother. My mother said the letter made her cry, and that she had wanted to write a similar one. Resurrection happens.

No comments: